A typical dental cleaning at our Columbus, OH dental office can last between 30 minutes to one hour. Before your appointment, one of our friendly team members will make sure you are comfortable and relaxed in the dental chair.
What to Expect During a Dental Cleaning
During your dental cleaning, Dr. Shiflett and one of his hygienists will do the following:
- Perform a full oral examination using a small mirror and an intraoral camera to get a more detailed view of your mouth
- Gently and thoroughly remove plaque and tartar from the surfaces of your teeth, along the gumline, and between your teeth
- Use a special high-powered brush to carefully polish your teeth, making them shiny and bright
- Gently floss between teeth to remove any remaining plaque
- Rinse your mouth with cool water so you can swish out any leftover debris from the cleaning
- Perform a final checkup to check on your oral health and pinpoint any potential risks
- Answer any questions you may have and review your home care routine
Though regular brushing and flossing are essential for having a clean, fresh smile, only a dental professional can adequately remove plaque and tartar. We recommend visiting the dentist every six months to get professional dental cleanings and exams.
Contact Your Dentist Near Me in Columbus, OH
If you’re looking for a dentist that accepts Delta Dental in Columbus, OH, look no further than Dr. Shiflett. At Shiflett Family Dental, we accept various insurances and payment options so our patients can get the excellent dental care they need.
We invite you to contact us today to schedule your dental appointment or teeth cleaning.